At Palmers, everyone is part of the family! Whether you’re looking for part-time hours while you go to school, or a full-time position with lots of room for growth, we have a spot for you. Join a fun-loving, diverse group of like-minded, hard-working individuals.
Fill out the application below, and/or send us your resume to email@example.com.
We can’t wait to meet you!
Refer a new employee and get $50 when they sign-on!
Email HR Director, Joselyn at firstname.lastname@example.org with your fabulous friend’s contact information, resume (if available) and position of interest and we’ll do the rest!
*Gift cards will only be made available if the employee signs-on and stays with Palmer’s for a one month grace period. Gift cards must be physically picked up in-store at the front desk. Gift cards pick up date must be confirmed by recipient via email before they will be made available.
Palmer’s Market is a thriving retail organization committed to providing exceptional shopping experiences to
our customers. As a leader in the supermarket industry, we are seeking a dynamic and experienced Supermarket
Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, possess excellent leadership skills, and
have a proven track record of successful supermarket management.
The Supermarket Manager will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of our supermarket,
ensuring a smooth and efficient workflow and excellence in everything we do. This position requires a hands-on
approach to leadership, as well as the ability to make informed decisions that contribute to the overall success of
the store. The Supermarket Manager will be responsible for managing a team of staff, maintaining a positive
working environment, and delivering an exceptional shopping experience for our customers.
● Lead by example and live by our core values.
● Make sure Palmer’s is an awesome place to work. Care for our team members. Strengthen our culture.
● Recruit, train, inspire, and lead our team.
● Oversee staff scheduling and ensure all departments have proper coverage.
● Set performance expectations and provide clear, kind, and frequent feedback to team members.
● Address concerns and resolve conflicts in a timely manner.
● Oversee day-to-day supermarket operations, including opening/closing, inventory management, pricing,
● Perform store opening/closing as needed.
● Ensure the sales floor is in impeccable condition at all times
● Work with departments to ensure our displays are visually appealing and exciting for our customers.
● Oversee POS Systems, Registers, and Scale Networks.
● Ensure all cash handling policies are being followed.
● Ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
● Report any building, equipment, or safety issues to our operations manager
● Monitor and analyze sales performance, implementing strategies to achieve sales targets.
● Develop and implement efficient procedures for stocking, restocking, and maintaining product displays.
● Ensure we are providing exceptional customer service every day!
● Address customer inquiries and concerns promptly and professionally.
● Implement strategies to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
● Monitor and manage the supermarket budget.
● Analyze financial reports and implement cost-control measures as needed.
● Develop and maintain excellent relationships with suppliers and vendors.
● Work with our managers to bring in fun, exciting & new products
● Negotiate terms and agreements to optimize product quality and pricing.
● Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Retail Management, or a related field (preferred).
● Proven experience in supermarket or retail management.
● Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
● Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities.
● Knowledge of industry trends and a passion for staying informed about market changes.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software.
If you are a results-driven individual with a passion for leading teams and delivering exceptional customer
service, we invite you to apply for the position of Supermarket Manager at Palmer’s Market. Join us in creating
an outstanding shopping experience for our customers while contributing to the success and growth of our
PARTY SEASON IS HERE!
Palmers Catering is busier than ever and looking for passionate event staff to help us create unforgettable events.
In need of all staff positions for the upcoming event season –
• Party Chefs – primarily responsible for the food production and set-up aspects as it pertains to the event. Follow company standards on setting up for the event, event and food procedures, and cleaning.
• Servers – responsible for serving food and beverages to guests at venues or catering events. Their duties include greeting guests and taking their orders, bringing them the correct drinks and dishes and refilling their beverages as needed.
• Bartenders – Performs bartending duties for all events, performance, birthday parties, or wedding receptions. Take each beverage order, serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, take payments if necessary, and clean and maintain your workstation.
• Event Captains – This position is responsible for ensuring that his or her assigned events and activities are organized and executed providing a high quality catering service for banquets, receptions and events to achieve customer satisfaction and retention.
Great Pay, Make Your Own Schedule, Fun & Fast-Paced Work Environment
Send your resume and qualifications to Melissa@palmersdarien.com
Palmer’s Bakery is looking for a passionate and super-talented manager to oversee our bakery operations. We need someone with extensive pastry & cake decorating experience who can oversee our 3 pastry teams; Breads, Pastries & Cakes. You will also be responsible for writing the menus and overseeing the dessert production for our off-site catering company. We need someone who understands the business side and can cost recipes, oversee inventory management, and who can lead a team of 10+. Must be fluent in English and conversational in Spanish.
Bakery Manager Should:
Have a Baking & Pastry Degree
Have at least 3 years’ experience managing a pastry kitchen
Skilled with computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel
Be skilled with recipe costing and have a good understanding of Baking & Pastry Math
Be hardworking and passionate about their craft
Be detail oriented, professional and friendly
Demonstrate excellent customer service skills
Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Have an owner mentality and thinks like its “their company”
Believes in and demonstrates the Palmer’s Core Values
Must be a strong leader who can attract great talent and can build and lead a strong team
Lead thru clear communication, establish processes to train and grow staff’s abilities
Love of learning and improvement. Consistently looking for ways we can better ourselves and our company
Keeps up with food trends, new products and ideas
Raises the bar on performance and celebrates the wins
The Staff- Management & Training
Responsible for hiring, training and supervising all Bakery Staff including; Bakery Clerks, Pastry Cooks, Cake Decorators, AM Bakers
Be sure staff understands and performs job duties and expectations
Create/Update Training Manuals and Job Descriptions as needed
Responsible for creating staff schedules, track and approve staff hours on ADP
Bakery manager may choose to allow sub managers to do the scheduling of their staff, however the bakery manager is responsible for overseeing this
Work to reduce wages, decrease overtime and increase productivity in order to meet department goals
Model behavior to establish a positive work environment.
Provide positive support to department team and contribute to maintaining impeccable department conditions.
Act as a coach and facilitator in maintaining collaborative working relationships.
Write daily prep lists and ensure proper delegation and completion of tasks
Oversee and assist with the production of all pastries, desserts, cakes as needed
Make sure all recipes are documented and up to date
Ensure that the quality and consistency of all products produced meets the Palmer’s standards
Make sure all special orders are ready/delivered on time
Ensure all staff members are following recipes and food safety protocols
Purchasing, Receiving, Stocking and Inventory
Responsible for the purchasing and receiving of food, paper goods and supplies
Do price comps to make sure we are getting the best prices
Ensure that the display shelves and cases are always stocked and clean
Perform monthly inventory
Review bills and make sure all retail pricing is correct in order to meet department Gross Profit Goals
Cost all recipes to ensure proper retail pricing in order to meet department Gross Profit Goals
Ensure that all health & sanitation and safe work practices are followed at all times
Recognize, resolve and/or report potential hazards with respect to equipment.
Make sure all food prep areas, storage areas, walk-ins and freezers stay clean, organized and functioning properly at all times
Make sure all products in walk-in are properly stored, labelled and dated
Ensure that department goals are understood and achieved by team members.
Ensure the department meets financial goal
Work in conjunction with Managing Director to develop, test and price all new products and seasonal menus
Create products and assist with photoshoots for new products
Come up with ideas on ways to increase sales
Present ideas to Megan and Marketing team
Oversee completion of approved promotions